Saturday, May 31, 2014

WEEKEND IN FARO - More Quotes

“Of course, I didn’t want to tell Carlos about my nightmares and strange dreams. I didn’t want to tell him that I am for years a captive of my own dreams. Chasing after something that I didn’t know if I would ever find or if it exists at all. It almost costs me losing my business. But, sometimes, I would just get that urge to get up and go and search for it. And I didn’t know where. And last night some strange voice was echoing in my brain, telling me over and over again – “Go to Portugal.”  So here I am.”

***

Our eyes serve two masters, our soul and our mind. Our soul see much further than our mind, so it is not a surprise that we often feel what is ahead of us even before it is registered by our physical ability to perceive. It is really that our soul sees it before our mind.
There is this old expression that everybody knows, which says that the eyes are the mirrors of the soul. I always thought that to be true. But, somehow, whenever I look at your eyes, I see my soul, not yours. And I don’t know what to think about it.

***

You say you can’t live without hope? But hope is our biggest enemy. It does not bring realization. It just prolongs suffering.

***

“Listen, I am going to hang up now”- I said.
“Oh, go ahead. That is what you always do. It is so you. Wouldn’t surprise me. Just make sure you don’t hang up on her one day when you find her. She must be human after all. And nobody likes to be hung up on. So, be careful.”

(From the WEEKEND IN FARO by Stevan V. Nikolic)




No comments:

Post a Comment